Máire Bn. Uí Raghallaigh (Máire Ní Ghallchóir) – born and raised in Dublin. Early interest in traditional singing fostered by her father Félim Gallagher from the Donegal/Fermanagh border and her uncle Mícheál Gallagher. They were well known for singing, most especially Máire’s paternal aunt, Brigid Tunney. Máire heard these songs sung during her holidays in Donegal and she passed on these songs to her children and grandchildren and numerous pupils over the years.
She was a member of Claisceadal Cois Life, a group of singers led by Seán Óg Ó Tuama. They broadcast live on Raidió Éireann each Saturday night over an 11 year period in the 1950,s.
Moved to Meath when she married, in 1960 and became involved, along with her husband Pádraig Ó Raghallaigh in the traditional music community in the Rathmolyon /Trim / Summerhill area.
St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Trim sits on one of the most ancient Christian sites in Ireland. According to tradition St. Loman, a colleague of St. Patrick was granted land to build a church by Fedilimid, a local chieftain. A medieval church from the 14 th century was destroyed in the 1641 rebellion and the ruins of the chancel remain at the east end of the present church. The medieval tower was incorporated into the church when it was rebuilt in 1802 and its vaulted ground floor is now the entrance porch.
St. Patrick’s was consecrated as the cathedral of the Diocese of Meath on St. Patrick’s Day, 1955. Medieval monuments from the former church are displayed in the porch and a medieval piscina is at the west end. The clock on the tower was donated by the people of Trim in memory of Dean Richard Butler who was vicar from 1819 to 1862. The bishop’s throne and choir stalls were acquired from St. Mary’s Cathedral, Elphin in 1857. There is a stained glass window of the Good Shepherd by renowned artist Sir Edward Burne Jones in the west gallery dating from 1869. The east window depicting the Last Supper was installed in 1906. Weekly worship continues to be offered to almighty God on this ancient site of Christian heritage.
Ceoladh Sheahan lives at Ratoath, Co. Meath. Ceoladh is a talented fiddle & violin player, and performs on stage with her father John in many public events.
John Sheahan lives in Co. Dublin close to the Meath border. John is an Irish musician and composer and the last surviving member of the definitive five-member line-up of The Dubliners. Sheahan played with a number of bands around the country until he met The Dubliners in the early 1960s. He is the only member of the Dubliners to have had a formal musical education. After 50 years of playing and after the death of founding member Barney McKenna, in the fall of 2012 Sheahan announced the retirement of The Dubliners by the end of the 50th anniversary tour. The last formation of the band featured Sheahan himself, Sean Cannon, Eamonn Campbell, Patsy Watchorn and Gerry O'Connor.